User manual TCL W6W31 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner is useful for using the air conditioner to operate perfectly. Take a look at our information snippet below.
The TCL W6W31 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner is a great air conditioner, it does exactly what you need it to. Will cool your room quickly and make the occupants comfortable in the room. You may want to know some tips and tricks to improve the experience of using this air conditioner. You can read the user manual to start turning on the air conditioner.
The user manual of TCL W6W31 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner will help you understand the features of the air conditioner in detail. This user manual has useful information whenever you come across something you don’t understand or experience problems when using this air conditioner. For more details, you can read the snippet that we provide below.
This is the table of contents of the attached TCL W6W31 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner user manual pdf.
Table of Contents Manual TCL W6W31
- Register and protect your purchase
- Important Safety Instructions
- What’s in the Box
- K-6K Units
- What’s in the Box
- K Units
- What’s in the Box
- K-12K Units
- Let’s get started!
- How to Control Your AC
- WiFi App Installation
Before you install your AC, let’s test it to make sure it made it safely to your home and your outlet has the proper power level to run your AC. Place it on a flat surface, only plug it directly into a wall outlet (never use a power strip or other device), and turn it on. Next, use the Mode button on your control panel to change the AC to Cool Mode and press the down arrow to set the temperature to the lowest setting. After 3 minutes, the AC should be blowing cool air. If so, please continue to the next step. If not, see detailed troubleshooting tips at https://support.tcl.com.
A few quick notes before installing:
- This unit is made to fit inside a standard double-hung window.
- Check the size of your window before installing.
For more details, you can read it from the attached pdf user manual.
How to Control Your AC
- Power – turn the air conditioner on and off.
- and Buttons – use these buttons on the control panel or remote control to increase or decrease the desired temperature, or time using the Timer. The temperature range is: 61 -88 degrees Fahrenheit or 16 – 31 degrees Celsius.
- Display – By pressing the Display button on the remote, it can switch off/on all lights and LED Display. When the timer is not in use, the operation mode and the set temperature will be displayed. Time will be displayed under the timer setting.
- Modes – Press the mode button on the control panel to cycle and select a MODE, OR select a MODE by pressing the desired button on the remote.
- Auto Mode – The unit automatically chooses the mode of operation (cool, dry or fan). In this mode the temperature will be set according to the room temperature (tested by the temperature sensor which is incorporated in the indoor unit.).
- Cool Mode – The cooling function allows the air conditioner to cool the room and reduce air humidity at the same time. Adjust the fan speed and temperature to your desired comfort level. In this mode, if Eco is not enabled, the fan may continue to run after reaching the desired temperature.
- Eco Mode – In Eco mode, the unit will turn off once the room is cooled to the user-set temperature. The unit will turn back on when the room temperature rises above the user-set temperature. While in Eco mode, the fan will occasionally turn on for a few seconds in order to take an accurate temperature reading.
- Fan Mode – Fan Mode helps to circulate air in your home, but only works when the air conditioner is vented.
- Fan Speed – Press the Fan Speed button to choose the fan speed options. You can choose Hi, Med, Lo or auto speed in cool mode and choose Hi, Med, Lo in fan mode.
- Dry Mode – This function reduces the humidity of the air to make the room more comfortable. Press the Mode button to set to Dry mode. An automatic function of alternating cooling cycles and air fan is activated.
- Timer Button – press the TIMER button on the panel or the Timer button on the remote to set the timer.
- Set Timer On: With the AC off, press the Timer button and then use the and buttons to set the desired temperature. Press the Timer button again and use the and buttons to set the desired amount of time before the AC turns on. Press the timer button again to start the countdown.
- Set Timer Off: With the AC on, press the Timer button and then use the and buttons to set the length of time before the AC will turn off. Press the timer button again to start the countdown.
Note: It can be set to automatically turn off or on in 0.5-24 hours. Each press of the buttons will increase or decrease the timer. The Timer can be set in 0.5 hours increment below 10 hours and 1-hour increments for 10 hours or above.
The SET light will turn on while setting. To cancel the set function, press the TIMER button again
- Sleep Button – In Sleep mode, all of the display lights will turn off after a while, but the Sleep light stays on. In SLEEP mode, the air conditioner will automatically adjust the temperature and fan speed to make the room more comfortable during the night. The set temperature will automatically rise every 30-60 minutes, and at most change six times until the set temperature is 81 or 82 degrees.
- Filter Button – After the fan motor runs for 500 total hours, the Filter Check light will turn on to remind the user to clean the filter. After you clean the filter, you can turn off the light by pressing the Filter button.
Normal Operating Sounds
You may hear a pinging noise, caused by the water hitting the condenser on rainy days, or when the humidity is high. This design feature helps remove moisture and increase efficiency. You may hear the thermostat click when the compressor cycles on and off. Water will collect in the base pan on rainy days, or high humidity days. The water may overflow and drip from the unit on the outside. The fan may run, even when the compressor is not on.
Air Conditioner will not start
- Make sure the air conditioner is plug is pushed completely into the outlet
- Check the house fuse/circuit breaker box and replace the fuse or reset the breaker
- The unit will automatically restart when power is restored
- There is a protective time delay (approx. 3 minutes) to prevent damage to the compressor. For this reason, the unit may not start normal cooling for 3 minutes after it is turned back on.
- Press the RESET button located on the power cord plug
- If the RESET button will not stay engaged, discontinue use of the air conditioner and contact a qualified service technician.
Air Conditioner does not cool as it should
- Make sure there are no curtains, blinds, or furniture blocking the front of the air conditioner
- Lower the set thermostat temperature
- Clean the filter. See the Cleaning
- Please allow time for the room to cool down after turning on the air conditioner
- Check for open furnace registers and cold air returns
Download PDF User Manual TCL W6W31
Above we have provided a snippet of TCL W6W31 6,000 Btu Window Air Conditioner. To read a more complete user guide you can download the pdf document which is attached below. Hopefully your air conditioner works well and lasts a long time.