Clothes will be neat with the Owenta Dw5270 Focus Excel. Here we share the User manual and User Guide so that you can iron perfectly.
Important Safety Instructions
When using an iron, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read All Instructions Before Using
- Only use an iron for its intended use.
- To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not immerse the iron in water or other liquids.
- Always turn the iron OFF before plugging or unplugging the iron from the electrical outlet. Never pull on the cord to disconnect the iron from the electrical outlet; instead, grasp the plug and pull on the plug to disconnect the iron.
- Do not let the cord touch hot surfaces. Let the iron cool completely before putting the iron away. Coil the cord loosely around the iron when storing.
- Always disconnect the iron from the electrical outlet before filling the iron with water, emptying the water from the iron, and when the iron is not in use.
- Do not operate the iron with a damaged cord or in the event the iron has been dropped or damaged. To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble the iron. Take it to a qualified serviceman for examination and repair. Incorrect assembly might result in a risk of electric shock when the iron is used after reassembly.
- Close supervision is required for any appliance used by or near children. Do not leave the iron unattended while the iron is connected or on an ironing board.
- Burns can occur from touching hot metal parts, hot water, or steam. Use caution when you turn a STEAM IRON upside down – there might be hot water in the reservoir.
- To avoid a circuit overload, do not operate an iron on the same circuit with another high wattage appliance. 7
- I f an extension cord is absolutely necessary, a cord with an ampere rating equal to or greater than the maximum rating of the iron shall be used. A cord rated for less amperage can result in a risk of fire or electric shock due to overheating. Care shall be taken to arrange the cord so that it cannot be pulled or be tripped over.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- The iron must be used and rested on a stable surface.
- When placing the iron on its stand, ensure that the surface on which the stand is placed is stable.
- The iron must not be left unattended while it is connected to the supply mains.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- The iron is not to be used if it has been dropped, if there are visible signs of damage or if it is leaking.
- Always disconnect the iron from the electrical outlet, before you leave the room.
Save These Instructions
What Water May Be Used?
Your iron has been designed to operate using untreated tap water. If in doubt, check with your local water authority. However, if your water is very hard, you can mix 50% untreated tap water with 50% distilled or demineralized water.
IMPORTANT Heat concentrates the elements contained in water during evaporation. The types of water listed below contain organic waste or mineral elements that can cause spitting, brown staining or premature wear of the appliance: water from tumble dryers, scented or softened water, 8 water from refrigerators, batteries or air conditioners, pure distilled or demineralized water or rain water should not be used in your iron. Also do not use boiling, or bottled mineral water.
The above is a small excerpt from the Owenta Dw5270 Focus Excel user manual. For the full version, please download the pdf below.