The Hisense 50H8C 4K ULTRA HD SMART LED TV User Manual makes it easy to set up for the first time. Power cord connection instructions, antenna cables, and a complete technical guide. Simple troubleshooting is also in the manual.
Table of contents
- Connecting Devices to your TV
- Shortcuts Instructions
- Completing the First-Time Setup Menu
- Basic and Advanced TV Settings
- Accessing the Quick Setup Menu
- Picture Menu
- Sound Menu
- Channel Menu
- Network Menu
- System Menu
- About TV Menu
- Parental Controls
- Getting familiar with the Home screen
- Live TV
- Viewing channel information
- Opera TV Store
- TV Browser
- Installing an App
- Removing an App
- Moving App Icons around
- Customizing the name of your TV
- Panels that appear on the Media screen
- File formats that are supported
- Viewing Videos
- Browsing Content
- Viewing Pictures as a Slideshow
- Mirroring content from your device to the TV
- Software updates for your TV
- Quick Problem-Solving Tips
Connecting Devices to your TV
You have several options for connecting your TV to different devices. The method in which you connect will be based upon the type of cables you have and the available outputs on your device.
Connecting an antenna, cable set-top box or satellite receiver
To connect an antenna,cable set-top box or satellite receiver:
- Connect one end of a coaxial cable (not included) to the [RF OUT] jack on the antenna, cable or satellite box. If you are using an antenna with twin-lead cable, you may need a 300-75 Ohm adapter (not provided) to.
- Connect it to the back of your TV. Likewise, if you are using several antennas, you may need a combiner (not provided).
- Connect the other end of the cable to the [ANT/CABLE] jack on the side of the TV.
- Using your remote, press the [INPUT] button and select TV as the input source
Software updates for your TV
The software (also referred to as firmware) is part of what powers your TV. Hisense will provide software updates to continuously enhance your TV and correct any issues that may impact your user experience; therefore, we recommend that you keep your TV connected to the Internet to automatically receive updates when they are available.
You can choose to receive updates automatically or check for software updates and install them manually.
Checking for updates automatically
In order for your TV to receive software notification updates automatically, it must be turned ‘On’ and connected to the Internet. The Auto Firmware Upgrade setting (which enables your TV to receive the updates automatically) is turned to ‘On’ by factory default. If you turn the Auto Firmware Upgrade setting ‘Off’, it will disable this functionality of your TV.
Note: While your TV is on and checking for updates, the program that you are watching will not be interrupted.
Disabling the Auto Firmware Upgrade feature
If you do not want your TV to automatically check for updates and to receive notifications when they are available, then: 1. Using your remote, press the [Quick Setup] menu button. 2. Go to About TV > Auto Firmware Upgrade and turn the feature ‘Off’
Manually installing software updates
If you have not kept your TV connected to the Internet or you turned the Auto Firmware Upgrade feature ‘Off’ then you’ll need to manually install the software. If the Check Firmware Upgrade screen shows that an updated package is available, then: 1. From the Check Firmware submenu, select Download upgrade pack. 2. Follow the rest of the steps that display.
We provide a small snippet of the contents of the pdf guide. To get a complete guide on Hisense 50H8C 4K ULTRA HD SMART LED TV, you can download the pdf file that we have attached to the link below. This is all we can provide, please use this guide properly so that your TV can function perfectly.