User Manual LG Electronics DLGX7701KE 9.0 Cu. ft. Mega Capacity will help your dry clothes perfectly. A complete guide to using a complete clothes dryer directly from the manufacturer.
EASY-TO-USE CONTROL PANEL
Rotate the cycle selector knob to select the desired dry cycle. Add cycle options or adjust settings with the touch of a button.
TWO-WAY EASY-ACCESS REVERSIBLE DOOR
The LG EasyLoadTM can be tilted open from the top, hamper-style, allowing you to easily load the dryer without items falling on the floor. The door still swings open to provide easy access for unloading or loading of bulkier items. The door hinge can be reversed to adjust for installation location.
LG’s steam technology allows you to inject fabrics with a swirling jet of hot steam to refresh clothes, reduce static. Simply select the Steam FreshTM cycle, you can add a Steam option to selected cycles.
Flow SenseTM DUCT BLOCKAGE SENSING SYSTEM INDICATOR
The Flow SenseTM duct blockage sensing system detects and alerts you to restrictions in the installed household ductwork that reduces exhaust airflow through the dryer. If you see the alert: Clean or repair the ducts to remove the restrictions. Keep your ducts clean to help increase efficiency and reduce long drying times caused by blocked ducts.
Should you experience any technical difficulty with your washing machine, it has the capability of transmitting data by phone to the Customer Information Centre. The call centre agent records the data transmitted from your machine and uses it to analyses the issue, providing a fast and effective diagnosis.
The Tag On feature works on most smart phones equipped with the NFC function and based on the Android operating system (OS). Using the LG Smart ThinQ application, the Tag On feature will allow you to diagnose your appliance, download new cycles by simply touching the smartphone to the Tag On logo of the appliance.
Connecting Gas Dryers
To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using this appliance, follow basic precautions, including the following:
Gas supply requirements:
As shipped from the factory, this dryer is configured for use with natural gas. It can be converted for use with LP (Liquefied Propane) gas. Gas pressure must not exceed 13 inches of water column.
• A qualified service or gas company technician must connect the dryer to the gas service. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Isolate the dryer from the gas supply system by closing its individual manual shutoff valve during any pressure testing of the gas supply. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Supply line requirements: Your laundry room must have a rigid gas supply line to your dryer. In the United States, an individual manual shutoff valve MUST be installed within at least 6 ft. (1.8 m) of the dryer, in accordance with the National Fuel Gas Code ANSI Z223.1 or Canadian gas installation code CSA B149.1. A 1 ⁄8 – inch NPT pipe plug must be installed. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, death.
• If using a rigid pipe, the rigid pipe should be 1⁄2 – inch IPS. If acceptable under local codes and ordinances and when acceptable to your gas supplier, 3⁄8 – inch approved tubing may be used where lengths are less than 20 ft. (6.1 m). Larger tubing should be used for lengths in excess of 20 ft. (6.1 m). Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Connect the dryer to the type of gas shown on the nameplate. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• To prevent contamination of the gas valve, purge the gas supply of air and sediment before connecting the gas supply to the dryer. Before tightening the connection between the gas supply and the dryer, purge remaining air until the odor of gas is detected. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• DO NOT use an open flame to inspect for gas leaks. Use a noncorrosive leak-detection fluid. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Use only a new AGA- or CSA-certified gas supply line with flexible stainless-steel connectors. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Securely tighten all gas connections. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• DO NOT attempt any disassembly of the dryer; any disassembly requires the attention and tools of an authorized and qualified service person or company. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
• Use a pipe-joint compound that is insoluble in Liquefied Petroleum (LP) gas on all pipe threads. Failure to do so can result in fire, explosion, or death.
The above is a small excerpt from the LG Electronics DLGX7701KE 9.0 Cu. Ft. Mega Capacity TurboSteam™ Gas Dryer With Easy Load™ Door user manual. For the full version, please download the pdf below.