User Manual – User Guide Honeywell T8775A1009/U The Digital Round® Non-Programmable Thermostat will assist with installation and assist you in case of problems with this appliance.
Install the thermostat about 5 ft (1.5m) above the floor in an area with good air circulation at average temperature. Do not install the thermostat where it can be affected by:
- drafts or dead spots behind doors and in corners.
- hot or cold air from ducts.
- radiant heat from the sun or appliances.
- concealed pipes and chimneys.
- unheated (uncooled) areas such as an outside wall behind the thermostat.
- Read these instructions carefully. Failure to follow them could damage the product or cause a hazardous condition.
- Check the ratings given in the instructions and on the product to make sure the product is suitable for your application.
- Installer must be a trained, experienced ser- vice technician.
- After installation is complete, check out prod- uct operation as provided in these instructions.
- Slide the SYSTEM switch to Heat and the FAN switch to Auto (T8775C only).
- Raise the temperature setpoint several degrees above the room temperature.
- A flame will appear in the display and the heat should turn on.
- Lower the temperature setpoint below the room temperature.
- The flame will disappear from the display and the heat should turn off.
- Heat: The thermostat controls the heating system.
- Off: Both heating and cooling systems are off.
- Cool: The thermostat controls the cooling system.
- Auto: The fan only runs with the heating and cooling system.
- On: The fan runs continuously. Use for improved air circulation.
Cooling (T8775C only)
- Slide the SYSTEM switch to Cool and the FAN switch to Auto.
- Lower the temperature setpoint several degrees below the room temperature.
- After approximately five minutes, the thermo- stat will display a solid snowflake and the cooling should turn on.
- Raise the temperature setpoint above the room temperature.
- The snowflake will disappear from the dis- play and the cooling should turn off.
- Slide the SYSTEM switch to Off and the FAN switch to On. The fan should run continuously.
The above is a small excerpt from the Honeywell T8775A1009/U The Digital Round® Non-Programmable Thermostat user manual. For the full version, please download the pdf below.