Here’s how to use Honeywell RTH8560D1002/E.
System operation settings
- Press the Mode button to cycle to the next available System mode.
- Cycle through the modes until the required System mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available System modes vary by model and system settings.
- Auto: Thermostat selects heating or cooling as needed.
- Heat: Thermostat controls only the heating system.
- Cool: Thermostat controls only the cooling system.
- Em Heat (only for heat pumps with auxiliary heat): Thermostat controls Auxiliary Heat. Compressor is not used.
- Off: Heating and cooling system is off. Fan will still operate if fan is set to On or Circulate.
Fan operation settings
- Press the Fan button to cycle to the next available Fan mode.
- Cycle through the modes until the required Fan mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available Fan modes vary with system settings.
- Auto: Fan runs only when the heating or cooling system is on.
- On: Fan is always on.
- Circ: Fan circulates randomly about 33% of the time.
You can program four time periods each day, with different settings for weekdays and weekends. We recommend the pre-set settings (shown in the table below), since they can reduce your heating/cooling expenses.
- Wake– Set to the time you wake up and the temperature you want during the morning, until you leave for the day
- Away– Set to the time you leave home and the temperature you want while you are away (usually an energy-saving level).
- Home– Set to the time you return home and the temperature you want during the evening, until bedtime.
- Sleep– Set to the time you go to bed and the temperature you want overnight (usually an energy saving level).
NOTE: To temporarily or permanently override any of the above program schedules, see page 13.
To adjust program schedules
- Touch Menu on the thermostat home screen.
- Touch the or arrows until you see SCHEDULE, then touch Select.
The above is a brief summary of the contents of the Honeywell RTH8560D1002/E manual. For more details, please download the pdf link below.